3.5mm 2-Cond Mono (Male Plug) to 3.5mm 3-Cond Stereo (Female Jack) Adapter

(No reviews yet) Write a Review
In Stock
Minimum Purchase:
1 unit

Plug your 3.5mm 3-Conductor Stereo Male Plug into an Adapter that will Allow Connection to a 3.5mm 2-Conductor Mono Jack • Part No: M2SA

Please Note that our Model M2SGA is the Gold-Plated equivalent adapter and will substitute for the Model M2SA.

3-Conductor Stereo to 2-Conductor Mono Audio Adapter

  • This Audio Adapter enables you to plug your 3-conductor stereo earphones or headphones into a 2-conductor 3.5mm Mono audio jack of devices (such as a tape recorders, transcription recorders, answering machines, scanner radios and other MONO audio jacks).
  • Here's how you can tell if you need this M2SA Mono-to-Stereo Adapter:
    • If your headphone has 2 black-bands on the plug, then it is a standard stereo headphone.
    • If you plug your stereo headphones into an audio jack and you only hear sound from one ear then most likely this M2SA adapter will solve that issue
    • This adapter will make the necessary connections within the jack to match up the male plug with the MONO audio jack so both channels can be heard mixed into your stereo headphone earpieces
  • NOTE: If you have a headphone or earphone with a 3.5mm 2-conductor plug (with one black band that separates the 2 conductors) and you want to connect the earphone or headphone to a 3-conductor audio jack, then you may be looking for the 1BUD-S2MA Mono-to-Stereo Adapter.

Part No.: M2SA • Accepts a 3.5mm 3-conductor Stereo Male Plug and the Adapter Plugs into a 3.5mm 2-Conductor Mono Female Jack

This adapter enables users to plug their 3-conductor Stereo Plug Earphones or Headphones into a 2-Conductor MONO Audio Jack.

Stereo Headphone Adapted to Mono Tape Recorder

If you have stereo earphones or stereo headphones and you want to plug those into your trusty old table radio, tape recorder, walkie talkie or dictiphone transcription recorder. This may be the adapter for you. You can tell that you have a stereo headphone or stereo earphone by examining the plug. Stereo plugs will have three metal contacts that are separated by two black bands.

Comparison Between Stereo and Mono Plugs

How do you tell the difference between Stereo and Mono types of audio plugs?

Some people think that stereo means two earpieces and mono means one earpiece, but that is not correct. It all depends on the plug wiring. It is conceivable that you could have a mono earphone with two earpieces. Take a look at the plug.

A mono plug will have one black stripe that separates two metal conductors. This is known as TR (tip-ring). The tip is the audio and ring is the return ground for one channel of sound.

A stereo plug will have two black stripes that separate three metal conductors. This is known as TRS (tip-ring-sleeve). The sleeve is usually ground, and the tip and ring are for two channels of stereo audio.

A stereo headset (with built-in microphone) will usually have a 4-conductor plug with three black stripes. The black stripes are insulators that separate the four metal conductors within the plug. This is known as TRRS (tip-ring-ring-sleeve) type of plug. The sleeve is usually ground, and the tip and ring are for two channels of audio, with an extra ring being used for microphone audio and switching.

  • Our M2SA Adapter will enable you to connect a 3-conductor stereo earphone to a single channel audio device that has MONO sound if you are looking to isten to an older Radio or Tape Recorder using your Stereo Headphones
  • Some users have other kinds of audio equipment like guitar amplifiers, hearing assist listening devices that use a Mono jack
  • The M2SA audio adapter will enable you to listen to the Mono audio mixed in both the Left and Right ears of your Stereo Headphones instead of heaing the sound in one ear 
  • If you're converting your old recordings to record onto a stereo disc or tape, you'll want one of these
  • Plug Stereo Earphones into Adapter, and then Plug the Adapter into Your Mono Audio Equipment
  • Enables Stereo Earphones to Hear the Audio in Both Ears when Plugged into a Pocket Talker Audio Assist Device
  • I use it when I listen to my dictation recorder (scroll down to see picture below). The tape recorder is mono and the headphones plugged in through the adapter are stereo headphones

M2SA Adapter Specifications 
Input Jack - 3 Conductor Stereo 1/8-inch (3.5mm) sub-miniature jack 
Output Plug - 2 Conductor Mono 1/8-inch (3.5mm) sub-miniature plug 
Size - Adds 1-inch of length to the plug going into your audio device 
Color -Black

NOTE: Take into consideration that if you plug the M2SA 2-conductor plug adapter into a 3-conductor stereo jack, it will short out the RIGHT channel, so you only hear the LEFT channel. All Stereo female jacks made with a LEFT and RIGHT channel accept 3-conductor plugs (two black bands on the plug). We an adapter for the 3-conductor plugs, and it is called the 1BUD-S2MA Stereo-to-Mono Converter. That converter will electronically mix the LEFT and RIGHT audio channels together properly so there is no short.

Jack Type
3.5mm 3-Cond Stereo
Plug Type
3.5mm, 2-Cond
Plug Plating
Plug Style

Be the first to review this product

Add A Review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*