1-BUD Headset for Cell Phones
1-BUD® Wired Single-Ear Stereo Earphones with Built-In Microphone and Push-Button Switch
These earphones were designed for use with the Apple iPhone 6 (and earlier models) that had an earphone jack. When Apple introduced the iPhone 7 (and later models) they did away with the round earphone jacks, replacing them with the Apple Lightning Jack. The iPhone 7 (and later models) without an earphone jack will require use of an Apple Lightning-to-3.5mm-Adapter when using the 1-BUD wired headsets. These adapters have a chip built-into the Lightning plug that converts the analog audio signals to a digital format through the Lightning jack. The 1-BUD Headsets are still Apple iPhone compatible, as long as they are used with an Apple Lightning plug. The Lightning-to-3.5mm Adapters are also widely available through Amazon.com and the quality varies as well.
The Scan Sound 1-BUD model earphones can be directly plugged into the 3.5mm earphone jack on most Tablets (including the Apple iPad) and Apple computers. Many people are buying our 1-BUD Headset Earphones so that they can participate in Facetime, Skype and Zoom meetings and video conference calls. The single-ear 1-BUD earphone is also ideal for commuters that want to hear the audio in one ear while keeping their other ear open to what is going on around them. Many drivers are required by State Law to use only one earphone, if they are using earphones. The 1-BUD models are well suited to meet those needs. A large number of commuters taking the bus, train or subway use the 1-BUD wired earphones so that they can listen to music or communicate without allowing others to eavesdrop on their activities.
- May be used with iPhone Compatible Cell Phones (plugged directly into a 3.5mm phone jack or plugged into an Apple Lightning Jack Adapter)
- May be used with Laptop and Desktop computers that have a single earphone jack for the earphone and microphone
- Frequently used on Skype, Cisco Webex, Google Meet, FreeConference, Zoom and Facetime video conferencing calls
- Can be used by most Tablets, MP3 Players, and Computers that have a 3.5mm 4-Conductor Jack
- Can be used to listen to audio when plugged into most 3-Conductor TRS 3.5mm audio jacks
- When plugged into any 3.5mm standard TRS, 3-Conductor earphone jack, the microphone is not active and the earphone can be used to hear the Left and Right audio channels mixed together into the single-ear earpiece
- Can be used with MP3 Players that accept a 3.5mm 3-Conductor Plug
- Compatible with all Apple products that have a 3.5mm audio jack, including iPhone, iPad and Macintosh computers
- Can be used with most all TRS audio jack earphone jacks except for older Samsung models
- Widely used with Gaming Devices that are Apple iPhone Compatible, CTIA and AHJ compatible
- Great for music and all audio devices that accept a 3.5mm (1/8-inch) male plug